I just read an article on the scholastic website about how Children’s play contributes to their physical development.
Here are some pointers I found interesting:
1. Children need 30 minutes of physical play 2 times a day.
2. Climbing steps and ladders develops leg strength
3. Pulling up with the legs or arms while climbing develops upper body, grip, and arm strength
4. Swings allow children to develop coordination.
5. Sliding down a slide develops a sense of balance.
“As a professional dedicated to the well-being of children, you can take them outdoors, step back as they explore the equipment, and observe their physical growth and development!”
To read more: Physical Development: Swing, Slide & Climb